Osmocote® Professional Orchid Mix
- Developed by horticultural experts to provide the ideal root
environment for growing show
quality orchids, including all epiphytes and terrestrial
- Engineered for ideal water to air ratio, this mix is formulated
to contain balanced
and slowly delivered nutrients, which are gentle on orchids
- Contains enough controlled release fertiliser to feed plants
continuously for up to 12 months
- Professional grade wetting agent added to ensure uniform
wetting mix and prevent drying out
- Formulated with coir chips and graded composted pine bark to
provide easy anchoring for roots and moisture retention while
allowing excess moisture to drain away freely
- Includes sphagnum moss for added moisture, air and nutrient
- Added calcium for the development of strong pseudo bulbs and
flowers and to encourage disease resistance
Plants grown in Orchid Mix do not need fertilising for 12
After this time, use Osmocote® Total
All Purpose to feed orchids in pots as well as
How to use
Use for potting up all types of orchids including epiphytes.
Not suitable for phosphorus-sensitive Australian native ground
orchids (such as greenhoods, donkey and sun orchids).
Orchids have fairly thick, fleshy roots, so it is important to
use only a specially formulated Orchid Mix for them - normal
potting mixes are too dense and retain too much moisture which
could cause roots to rot.
Epiphytic orchids like Phalaenopsis (Moth Orchids) and
Dendrobium have aerial roots, so never set them too deeply
in pots - use stakes to hold them in place securely.
When watering orchids, make sure you wet aerial roots as well as
the potting mix. Don't water too often when the weather is cool -
cold, wet potting mix may also cause root rots.
Available in 10L and 25L bags.
Need more information?
Answers to questions
gardeners ask us about Osmocote products