- Azaleas Lace Bugs
- Mealy Bugs
- Lillypilly psyllids
Defender™ MaxGuard® Systemic, Contact & Residual
An insect spray with long residual effects. It kills a range of
insects, including a number of hard-to-kill pests, on ornamental
When to use
Use when insect pests are active. Avoid applying when it is very
hot or windy.
- MaxGuard is safe to use both indoors and outdoors.
- It is not a scheduled poison but should not be used on food
- The active ingredient is 0.05g/L acetamiprid, a powerful
insecticide that is very effective at extremely low
Why MaxGuard® works
The spray works in three ways:
- It kills insects on contact
- It has a long residual effect
- It is systemic - it is absorbed into plants and will kill
insects that feed on them. It is also a low toxicity product that
has little effect on many beneficial insects.
How to use
Turn the nozzle to the ON position. (in case of the one touch
battery sprayer, turn nozzle to desired spray pattern)
Spray the foliage and stems on both the top and undersides,
being sure to spray deeply into the foliage where pests like mealy
Available in 5 litre RTU
pack with one touch battery sprayer and 750ml RTU trigger
Also available in 1 litre
concentrate pack (which makes up 20 litres)
Do not use on food plants.